Alice Richer, RDN, MBA, LDN is a Registered, Licensed Dietitian, Advanced Certified Functional Nutritionist, and certified medical writer who has been helping patients improve their nutrition habits and overall wellness for over 25 years.
Alice received her Bachelor of Science from the University of Rhode Island, Masters of Business Administration from Boston College, completed her dietetic internship at the Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, and completed certifications from the American Medical Writers Association and Next Level Functional Nutrition.
She is a member of:
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Massachusetts Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietetic Practice Groups:
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness
- The Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine
- The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy
- Dietitians and The Law, the Dietitians and Business Communication dietetic practice group newsletter
- Business Skills: The Dietitian’s Guide to Negotiating and Writing Contracts; What Every Dietitian (and Healthcare Professional) Should Know
- “Understanding the Antioxidant Controversy”, 2008
- “Food Allergies”, 2009
- “Student Guide to Health, Nutrition and Physical Fitness (Vol. 2)”, 2012
Alice has also written various newspaper articles for the Framingham Metrowest Daily and articles for Nutrition News, a Spaulding Outpatient Nutrition Center newsletter.
Alice has been a speaker for the Massachusetts Consultant Dietitians and Massachusetts Dietetic Association; Norwood parent and cable television lecture series; Beth Israel Hospital and Simmons College dietetic internship classes; and Dana- Farber Cancer Institute patient education groups. She also educates parents and coaches of the New England Football Club about sports nutrition for the young athlete, is a speaker at South Shore Chamber of Commerce meetings, and conducts nutrition classes for the LIVESTRONG Healthier YOU program at the Quincy and Hanover YMCA’s.
Alice is the Team Nutritionist to the New England Revolution MLS soccer team. She was featured in GQ online: “Real-Life Diet of a Team Nutritionist Who Tells Pro Athletes What to Eat”, May 10, 2016 (http://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-nutritionist-alice-richer) and in Men’s Fitness online: “What Soccer Players Should Eat To Stay Fit And Command The Pitch”, August 17, 2016. http://www.mensfitness.com/sports/soccer/what-soccer-players-should-eat-stay-fit-and-command-pitch?platform=hootsuite.
You may also see her in action with the Revs on NESN Celebrity Spotlight Series at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj0i1FQX4dU&feature=youtu.be
Alice sees clients at Spaulding Outpatient Centers in Braintree, Framingham, and Medford and at the South Shore YMCA-Quincy and YMCA Hanover. She is currently writing her fourth book.